This policy explains our privacy practices for MacFineArt.com (we’ll refer to MacFineArt.com as the “Site”)and services provided by MacFineArt, AJ Art Services Inc.
Information Collected or Received
To use our platform, you will need to provide us with a valid email address and you may be able to choose a username. Depending on the services you choose, we may collect additional information, for example: information in private channels like Conversations, billing or payment information, a telephone number, and a physical address. Please note that for security and performance reasons, such content may need to be accessed by certain MacFineArt personnel from time to time.
Your username is publicly displayed and connected to your activity on the Site and the Apps. Other people may see the date you joined; ratings, reviews and related photos for items you purchased or sold; your profile information; items you listed for sale; your shop pages and policies; your favorites, followers and those you follow; sold item listings and the number of items sold; and comments you post in our community spaces. You may optionally choose to provide and publicly display your full name and other personal information (such as birthday, gender, and location).
You may connect to the Site or the Apps with an external application, in which case MacFineArt may receive information from that other service, as explained below.
We use technologies such as cookies, clear gifs, log files, and flash cookies for several purposes, including to help understand how you interact with our site and services, in order to provide a better experience.
Uses and Sharing
We use the information that we gather from you users in a number of ways. For example, if you purchase an item, we’ll share your shipping information with the seller; we could use your forum suggestions to improve our services; we use data analytics and work with certain third-party service providers for targeted online and offline marketing; and of course, we use your email address to communicate with you. We also partner with service providers and other third parties that collect, use, promote, and analyze information about MacFineArt and MacFineArt Studio members and visitors.
Curated Collection Information Policy
- As an MacFineArt Curated Collection member you are required to provide a valid email address at registration and you may be able to choose a username or alias that represents your identity on the Site and the Apps.
- Depending on which services you choose to use, MacFineArt may require additional information to provide the service, such as a artist name aka shop name, billing and payment information (including billing address, telephone number, credit card information), a telephone number, and/or a physical postal address. As an MacFineArt seller, if you use our payment service (“MacFineArt Payments”), MacFineArt may require information such as your social security number, identification ID or tax ID, date of birth, bank account information, credit card information and/or other proof of identification in order to verify your identity and provide this service to you and to comply with applicable law.
- MacFineArt will contact individual shop owners to confidentially request more information about their shops or items listed on the Site, or to ensure compliance with our rules and applicable law. Certain products or services on MacFineArt may require you to complete an application; information you submit through the application processes will not be displayed publicly and will only be used internally by MacFineArt, unless otherwise specified.
- You may optionally choose to provide and publicly display your full name and other personal information (such as birthday, gender, location) in connection with your account and activity. If you do not want this additional information displayed publicly, you can remove it through your MacFineArt Public Profile page.
- Your username, user ID or alias is publicly displayed and connected to your activity on the Site and the Apps. Other people may see the date you joined, reviews, ratings, profile information, items listed for sale, shop pages, sold item listings, and comments in community spaces.
- MacFineArt automatically receives and records information from your browser or your mobile device when you visit the Site or use the Apps, such as your IP address or unique device identifier, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the Site and stores it in log files. We may combine this automatically collected information with other information we collect about you. This information helps us to prevent fraud and keep the Site secure, analyze and understand how the Site works for members and visitors, and provide a more personalized experience for members and visitors.
- Some members or visitors may connect to the Site or the Apps or register an account using an external third-party application, such as Facebook, or an app developed using the MacFineArt application programming interface (API). MacFineArt may receive data from those connected third-party applications. Connecting your MacFineArt account to third-party applications or services is optional, and when you connect your account to an external app, you will be granting MacFineArt permission to receive information from the third-party applications. You can also choose to share some of your activity on MacFineArt on certain social media networks which are connected to your MacFineArt account. You can modify your settings and revoke your permission under your MacFineArt account settings.
- MacFineArt may receive or obtain information (for example: an email address or IP address) about a person who is not yet a registered MacFineArt or MacFineArt Studio member (a “non-member”) in connection with certain features of the Site s, such as when a non-member subscribes to an MacFineArt newsletter. Non-member information is used only for the purposes disclosed when it was submitted to MacFineArt. A non-member can contact MacFineArt Support if they do not want MacFineArt to retain their information.
- MacFineArt also collects certain information from both members and non-members who visit websites hosted by the Site. This information may include your IP address or unique device identifier, and cookies and data from the pages you visit.
Choice & Control
- We know that members of our community value having control over their own information, and therefore MacFineArt gives you the choice of providing, editing or removing certain information, as well as choice over how we contact you.
- You may change or correct your account information (except your username) on the Site. You may also remove certain optional information on the Site that you no longer wish to be publicly visible on the Site, such as your full name.
- For various reasons, MacFineArt may send you messages about our services or your activity. Some of these messages are required, service-related messages for members (such as transactional messages or legal notices). Other messages are not required, (such as newsletters), and you can control which optional messages you choose to receive by changing your settings in your account. Learn more in the “Messages from MacFineArt” section of this policy.
- If you have chosen to connect your account to an external, third-party application, such as Facebook, or an app developed using the MacFineArt API, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your account settings.
- If you no longer wish to use the Site, the Apps, or other MacFineArt services or receive service-related messages, then you may close your account.
- You may connect directly with your email service provider, your mobile device’s address book, or a social network account to import your contacts to MacFineArt. We do not retain the login information for your email service, mobile device, or social network site. You may be able to search for people you know by email address or phone number on the Site or by connecting to your mobile device’s contact list through the Apps. Finding your friends on MacFineArt helps you connect with them on our platform. For example, you can follow another member’s public activity, such as public Favorites. When you begin following another member’s activity, they will receive an email notification (unless a member has opted-out of receiving this type of email).
- If you do not want your contacts to be able to find you on MacFineArt through your email address, phone number, or social networking connections, then you may opt out through your account settings on the Site. If you do not wish to be located on MacFineArt via your full name, you may remove your name from your public account information on the Site. It is not possible to opt out of being found via your username.
Messages from MacFineArt
- On occasion, MacFineArt will contact you. Primarily, these messages are delivered by email or by push notifications, and every account is required to keep a valid email address on file to receive messages. MacFineArt may contact you by telephone to provide member support or for transaction related purposes if you give us permission to call you. Additionally, MacFineArt may send you an SMS message or physical mail in order to provide you with customer support or to provide you with information about products and features you may find of interest. You may update your contact preferences in your account settings.
- Some messages from MacFineArt are service-related and required for members. Examples of service-related messages include an email address confirmation/welcome email when you register your account, notification of an order, and correspondence with MacFineArt’s support team. You may not opt out of receiving service-related messages from MacFineArt, unless you close your account.
- MacFineArt may also send you messages related to certain features or your activity on the Site or Apps. MacFineArt may send you news or updates about changes to our Site, Apps, or services. From time to time, we may develop new types of messages and share them with you to inform you about our services. Primarily, members will receive these messages via email or push notifications through the Apps, but you may choose to opt out of receiving different types of messages through the settings on your MacFineArt account or mobile device.
- MacFineArt offers optional email newsletters. When you register for an account, or choose to subscribe to a newsletter, you will receive newsletters from us. Newsletters are available to both members and non-members. Members may subscribe or unsubscribe from optional newsletters under account settings or by following the instructions contained in the newsletter emails. Non-members may subscribe by providing an email address, which will only be used by MacFineArt for these newsletters. Non-members may unsubscribe from newsletters by following the instructions contained in the newsletter emails.
Information Uses, Sharing & Disclosure
- We respect your privacy. MacFineArt will not disclose your name, email address or other personal information to third parties without your consent, except as specified in this policy. We generally use the information to provide and improve our services and products, for billing and payments, for identification and authentication, for targeted online and offline marketing, to contact members or interested parties, and for general research and aggregate reporting.
- MacFineArt limits access to your personal information by MacFineArt personnel to those whom we believe reasonably need that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Please be aware that the privacy laws and standards in certain jurisdictions may differ from those applying in the country in which you reside.
- As part of the buying and selling process, MacFineArt will facilitate the sharing of information between the two members involved in the transaction, such as the other member’s email address,
- MacFineArt may engage third party companies and individuals (such as payment processors, research companies, analytics and security providers) to help provide our services. These third parties have limited access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to MacFineArt not to disclose or use your information for other purposes.
- We can only speak for ourselves; this policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that MacFineArt does not own or control, or individuals that MacFineArt does not employ or manage. If you provide your information to others, different practices may apply to the use or disclosure of the information you provide to them. MacFineArt does not control the privacy policies of third parties, including other MacFineArt or MacFineArt Studio members. MacFineArt is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of MacFineArt or MacFineArt Studio members or other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Site or Apps. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. Your MacFineArt and MacFineArt Studio account information is protected by a password. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access to your account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and computer secure, such as by signing out after using our services.
- MacFineArt encrypts sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) using secure socket layer technology (SSL). MacFineArt follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once MacFineArt receives it. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. MacFineArt offers optional advanced security settings for members, such as two-factor authentication for signing in, full-site SSL, and login history; you can enable these options under your account settings.
- MacFineArt will retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy, for as long as your account is active, or as needed to provide you services. If you no longer want MacFineArt to use your information to provide you services, you may close your account. MacFineArt will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please note that closing your account may not free up your email address, username, or shop name for reuse on a new account.
- You may inform us of any changes or requests regarding your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection law, we may update or delete your personal data accordingly. We’ll respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
If you are an MacFineArt or MacFineArt Studio member, you can access, correct, change, and delete certain personal information associated with your account by visiting your account settings. If you need further assistance, you can contact MacFineArt through one of the channels listed below under “Contact MacFineArt.”
We may update this policy from time to time. If we believe that the changes are material, we’ll definitely let you know by doing one (or more) of the following: (1) posting the changes on the Site and Apps, (2) sending you an email or message about the changes.. That way you can decide whether you want to continue using the Site. Changes will be effective upon the posting of the changes. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any changes. Your use of the Site following the changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated policy.